Sunday, February 18, 2018

It's the terror of knowing what the world is about (Queen/Bowie)


Stress City, Arizona. You don't want to go there.

Stress comes in all shapes and sizes.

Selling your house, which we are currently doing, is stressful. There's also work stress - been a tough two weeks, and for me to say that...

Some may argue that stress doesn't even exist. My old boss at Cambridge High School, Alison Annan, was a non-believer. 

However, lately my wife (SWMBO),  has remarked, "You look  stressed", so I suspect it does exist. She's never wrong.

The Oxford Dictionary says that stress is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.

Okay. So Alison was wrong. It's a thing, okay?!

Do I feel stressed? Not particularly, but for SWMBO to notice it, I guess I act and look stressed.

Particularly when Saturday morning comes. It's like I'm trudging through molasses and if we travel I haven't the energy to drive and my end of the conversation is pretty monosyllabic. 

In other words, after a week of demanding full on brain salad surgery (myriads of decisions and mass human interactions all day long for five days), communicating with anyone, even my BFF is the last thing I want to do.

So this weekend, we went to the beach and that helped, and to Real Groovy in Auckland and that felt GGRRREAT!

I'm back baby!!

Love and peace - WNP

[BTW/ sidebar: here are some ideas to help relieve stress - personally I don't go for the soothing music option - on Friday night I came home and whacked on a Rory Gallagher album and played air guitar to Shadow Play, but, you know, whatever works, right?]

No comments: