Tuesday, February 13, 2018

And you may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?" (Talking Heads)


How naive am I? 

I'm on the scary side of naive. I always have been. And, I suspect, I always will be.

I don't mean that I lack experience in a general sense or good judgment; I mean I am one of life's innocent characters with a trusting soul. 

I'm without guile, childlike, trustful, a simple guy with a complex life. I'm unpretentious, unaffected, gullible (oh boy, am I), credulous, unsuspecting, dupable and deceivable. 

I'm starry-eyed, dewy-eyed, wide-eyed and wet behind the ears.

Childhood experiences were always innocent. My teenage world was lived in a fog of innocence. Once I entered young adulthood, I was two-timed by girlfriends and betrayed.

At university I studied and avoided parties, drugs and romantic entanglements.

When I met SWMBO on February 26, 1983, I was a guy in a suit at a fancy dress party, literally! Yikes.

I wish I was exaggerating, embellishing, or making this stuff up.

I'm a poster boy for naiveté.

But here's the thing: I wouldn't have it any other way, even if I could. It's the source of my relentless optimism.

Naiveté is a good quality to have - otherwise you end up bitter and suspicious. And, therefore, unhappy.

Secret agendas and game playing have no place in Wozza's naive world. 

Love and peace - WNP

No comments: