Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Well, we all have a face that we hide away forever and we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone (Billy Joel)


In the company of strangers - it's a good title for a blog (interesting that, among other things, it's the name of a fashion label in Nu Zild).

For a blog, it sums up my daily ritual of conversation, as I publish a post and send it out for the viewing pleasure of strangers.

As Seth Godin says: More than ever, people, lots of people, hordes of anonymous people, can watch what you do.

They can see your photos, like your posts, friend your digital avatar.

An essentially infinite collection of strangers are in the audience, scoring you, ranking you, deciding whether or not you're succeeding.

If you let them.

The alternative is to focus on the audience you care about, interacting with the person who matters to you. Your audience, your choice. One person, ten people, the people who need you.

Everyone else is merely a bystander.


My audience, my choice.

I'm not sure it's as binary as Seth indicates - either bystanders or those who know me (even then...).

This blog started out as a means of communicating with my immediate family. It's grown, and sometimes that gets in the way. I need to be careful, after all.

Some may get the wrong impression, for some things I need to respect privacy.

My audience, my choice?

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: