Thursday, March 22, 2018

No harbor was his home (Looking Glass)


According to Jon Westenberg'every single action you take and every single word you say, online and offline, is a part of your brand'.

There's no choice about it, and there's no opting out. Wozza accepts that.

Control of his brand is moot though. Jon says he can control his brand but he's less sure because Wozza can't help the associations people make and the picture they create of him based on these blogs.

The little posts are created and sent off into the wild blue blogosphere to fly on their own. Each one adds a special little something to the Wozza brand.

Long ago, I learnt that the impressions I have of Wozza are very different to that of my friends, my family, my colleagues, and the idle observer who comes across my blog on a dreary Tuesday afternoon.

Jon's suggestion is to 'define who you want to be'. This runs counter to Polonius' advice to his son - 'to thine own self be true'. I'm with that one - Polonius, not you, Jon.

My 'brand' has evolved out of who I am. I can't change that. 

So, who am I really?

Now that's a good question.

Chune in next time gentle reader, as I begin to peel back Wozza's layers.

Love and peace - Abu Keegan bin Graham

No comments: