Sunday, August 6, 2017

You’re giving me the ‘It’s not you, it’s me’ routine? (George Costanza)


DLG and I are off to see Jerry Seinfeld this Saturday night in Auckland. Father and daughter time!

It seems we bought our tickets years ago! But it's nearly here and I'm freakin' out maan. 

Seinfeld is a big part of our lives. The TV show is easily the greatest comedy of all time. It's official. On this issue there's no debate. We know the lines, baby.

But it's more than that - I would use at least one reference from the show every day (or think it). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

He's a close talker; she's a low talker; would you like a high lighter; ah that's a shame; everything evens out for me; signals Jerry, signals; I'm on no sleep; Jeer-rey; you've got to see the baby; Vanderlay Industries; the sea was angry that day my friends; but I don't wanta be a pirate...I could go on!

This will be my third comedy show. The other two were: Billy Connolly in the late seventies with Phyllis Omand at the Auckland Town Hall; Rowan Atkinson with Jacky Smith in the early eighties in New Plymouth.

My face hurt for days after those shows.

Saturday night...freakin' out!

Yada yada - Wozza

No comments: