Monday, June 5, 2017

The queen of the scene ( Blue Blood)

Jade (staying this weekend with Keegan) is not a fan of my book run down but I need to track my goal for the year (50 books in 52 weeks 'member). Sorry Jade. It's gotta be done - it's a large part of my day to day.



So, yeah - week, um, 17 and Book 19: Eight Days A Week (Graham Hutchins) and Book 20: Life Is Just What You Make It  (Donny Osmond) mean I remain on schedule.

The Hutchins book supposedly traces the Beatles 1964 visit to Nu Zild but that's only a fraction of the book. All of it is really poorly written and largely made up of various talking heads who were there or there abouts. Dull!


The Donny Osmond autobiography is actually pretty good. 

I grew up with the Osmonds on TV, both as guests on Mr Moon River's variety show or The Donny And Marie Show (although I've never owned any of their records). 

Donny is only two months older than me (we both turn 60 this year) and when I picked up the book in The Piggery, I became instantly interested in reading things from his point of view.

I did feel a little self-conscious buying it. I don't know why. Well, I kinda know why. I still have that vague snobby feeling (same snobby feeling that means I refuse to buy an ABBA record) but really, not many people remember much about The Osmonds these days so it was all a little silly feeling like that, I guess.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: