Wednesday, May 17, 2017

When the hurlyburly's done, When the battle's lost and won (Shakespeare)


At the moment, I'm really enjoying Thomas Oppong's writing via medium.com

A recent post focused on starting the day with purpose.
Many successful people spend the first hours of each day alone, to reflect, think, meditate, create or read. Find something that motivates you and look forward to it every morning. 
Time management starts right from the minute you wake up from bed. You are most active and productive in the morning, hence the need to do everything in your power to make the first few hours count.
Leaving aside the 'successful people' thing, my first few daylight hours have remained habitual for the last 20 or so years.

Blame my children for that. I needed to carve out some Wozza time before the hurlyburly of the day began. And when I say hurlyburly I mean kids' hubbubrazzledazzlenoiserush.

This has evolved but the basics remain the same. Waking around 5am, I start with a shave and deoderising regime (I hope that's not too much detail), then move to breakfast.

For some years I would turn on the TV and tune into Sky News from the UK but these days I read whatever book or Mojo magazine is the current one before heading to the computer and doing my daily blogpost (this one was today's).

More ablutions follow before dressing for work if it's Monday to Friday, waking SWMBO to say goodbye, and pootling off to work in the Purdmobile (a.k.a. Rapid Roy).

I arrive at school around 6.45 and start the day by meeting with Trevor, our groundsman/caretaker/handyman.

By the time we've finished more people arrive and then it's full on until around 4pm - when the staff head off home and I can hunker down to do some work for an hour or so.

Full on. So that's why I need Wozza time from 5am until 6.30am.

And Thomas is right - I look forward to it every morning.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: