Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It took me years to write, will you take a look? (The Beatles)

Week 6 - Book 6: Read The Beatles (Edited by June Skinner Sawyers)  

Watching the English (book 5) turned into hard work and that means it took me nearly two weeks to read. I don't like that feeling - that reading is tough work. 

I should have stopped really but I was half way through it and past the point of no return. So it turned into a bit of a chore to finish. Hate that.

But as Mary Chapin Carpenter says - I take my chances! No remorse, no regrets.

Coincidentally, although kinda apropos nothing as well - my Seinfeld calendar for today has the following George quote: I got news for you, it it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books.

Ahem, on to the next - I bought Read The Beatles last year, during a visit to see Jade in Palmerston North. We went for lunch and I had a minute to browse a bookshop. I walked out with this compendium of 'classic and new writings on The Beatles'.

A slight misnomer - it's divided into two parts - half the book is made up of writings on the Beatles, the other half is called 'Apart' and features writing about the Beatles' solo years.

I have quite a lot of this material already but it's fun to have in one edition and to read again. The foreword by Astrid is pretty cool too!

Sad and OCB? Mmm - probably.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: